This article describes how to configure the on-premise environment to support Apps in SharePoint 2019. Follow below steps to configure the environment:
1- Configure the domain names in DNS
2- Verify the newly created domain name
3- Configure the Subscription Settings and App Management service applications
4- Configure App URLs
Configure the domain names in DNS:
1) In DNS Manager, right-click Forward Lookup Zones, and then click New Zone….
2) In the New Zone Wizard, click Next.
3) In the Zone Type page, choose a Primary zone, select the checkbox “Store the zone in Active Directory (available only if DNS server is a writable domain controller)” and then click Next.
4) In the Active Directory Zone Replication Scope page, select “To all DNS servers running on domain controllers in this domain”, and then click Next.
5) In the Zone Name page, in the Zone name box type the name for your new app domain, and then click Next.
6) On the Dynamic Update page, select “Allow only secure dynamic updates (recommended for Active Directory)”, and then click Next.
Now, the new zone has available in the “Forward Lookup Zones” list. This is used as a domain name for your apps.
Create a CNAME Alias record for the new domain name:
Verify the newly created domain name:
Configure the Subscription Settings and App Management service applications:
a) In Central Administration, under Application Management, click Manage service applications.
Configure App URLs:
To configure App URLs, Open SharePoint 2019 central administration, click on Apps and then click on Configure App URLs.
Then type App domain which we have created and an App prefix. Then, click Ok.
After all, you can add an app from app catalog to the SharePoint site, it added successfully.
This solution is brought to you by our SharePoint professionals.
Softree Consulting employs SharePoint consultants; we are a technology services provider with the aim to help companies achieve exceptional performance through SharePoint. Our dedicated team of SharePoint consultants has the right bent of mind to understand and execute customer requirements.
Be it SPFx or SharePoint add-in developments, SharePoint 2019 developments, web part developments, migrating from SharePoint 2010/2013 to SharePoint 2013/2016/Office 365, Office 365, SharePoint hosted apps development or something else in SharePoint, we strive to deliver the best